Ventura County Transportation Commission
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS AND DISCLAIMER STATEMENT
Effective September 28, 2022
Thank you for visiting the website of the Ventura County Transportation Commission (“VCTC”) and for reviewing our Acknowledgements and Disclaimer Statement (“Statement”). This information is provided to inform users about information pertaining to our website features and to set the terms of its use. As enhancements to the site continue to be made, VCTC reserves the right to modify this Statement without notice. VCTC is a special district government agency. Its jurisdiction lies within the boundaries of Ventura County, California, but it is not part of or affiliated with the government of the County of Ventura. By accessing this website, you are considered a “user” and by such use, you acknowledge the provisions of this Statement and agree to comply with their terms as applicable.
Website Features and Acknowledgments
This website is operated and maintained by VCTC to provide public access to VCTC information over the Internet. The website provides general information on matters of public interest.
- Information provided by this website
- VCTC does not guarantee that the information provided by the website is accurate, complete, or up to date. Neither VCTC nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives make any claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of this information and expressly disclaim liability for any errors or omissions.
- Material on the site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. VCTC does not control and is not responsible for data, content, services, or products accessed or downloaded through this site.
- This site, and all materials contained on it, including hyperlinks to other websites, are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and freedom of infringement on the rights of third parties.
- Unauthorized Access Prohibited – Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on VCTC’s website are strictly prohibited.
- Site Security
- The VCTC site is not inherently secure and that communications can be intercepted by third party technology.
- VCTC is not responsible or liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system, nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the website.
- Unless a copyright is indicated, the information on this site is freely available for non-commercial, non-profit making use.
- If a copyright is indicated on any materials displayed on our website, permission to copy these materials must be obtained from the original source. Commercial use of VCTC materials is expressly prohibited without the written permission of VCTC.
- Links to Other Websites
- VCTC’s website may contain hypertext links to other websites on the Internet or third-party applications. VCTC is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of materials on other sites or applications that are referenced or linked through the VCTC website or for the practices of other site operators.
- When users link to other Internet websites or applications, they are no longer on VCTC site and are subject to the privacy and disclosure practices of the new site or application. Links to other sites or applications are provided for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement by VCTC.
- Legal Notice to VCTC
- Communications made through VCTC’s e-mail messaging system or website shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to VCTC, or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against VCTC or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives, where notice to VCTC is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- No communication to VCTC made through this website shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.
Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnification
Under no circumstances shall VCTC be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information made available through VCTC’s website, nor shall VCTC be liable for any other consequences from any such reliance. VCTC is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the site and/or the links or materials contained on the site.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using the VCTC website, the user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless VCTC, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from and against all claims, actions, suits, or proceedings brought against VCTC and any related damages, settlements, penalties, fines, costs, and other expenses of any kind, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of (i) the user’s use of this site or materials and information it contains, (ii) the user’s breach of applicable terms of this Statement, or (iii) the user’s violations of applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with accessing this site.
VCTC Google Translate Disclaimer
The VCTC website uses Google™ Translate to provide language translations of its content. Google™ Translate is a free, automated service that relies on data and technology to provide its translations. While this system is state-of-the-art, translations cannot be guaranteed as exact or without the inclusion of incorrect or inappropriate language. Google™ Translate is a third-party service and site users will be leaving the VCTC website to utilize translated content. As such, VCTC cannot guarantee or claim responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, or performance of this service nor the limitations provided by this service, such as the inability to translate specific files like pdfs and graphic-based documents (e.g. .jpgs, .gifs, etc.).
VCTC provides Google™ Translate as an online tool for its users, but VCTC does not directly endorse the website or imply that it is the only solution to users. All site visitors may choose to use similar, other tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use VCTC content in translated form, whether by Google™ Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk. VCTC is not responsible for any damages or issues of translated content not officially sanctioned and approved by the agency.
VCTC is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and to provide access to VCTC’s website for all individuals, including those with disabilities. VCTC continually reviews and provides updates to its website to ensure adherence to best practices in web accessibility to the extent practicable. If you need assistance with accessing something on our website, please contact VCTC at 800.438.1112. Reasonable accommodations, including equal access to VCTC communications, will also be provided upon request. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be directed to VCTC at 800.438.1112, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ventura County Transportation Commission
Effective September 28, 2022
Collection of Personal Information
VCTC does not automatically collect personally identifiable information about visitors who do no more than browse this site or download information from it. VCTC does not release information about the collection of IP addresses to any third party, except as required by law. While VCTC maintains logs of user activity in order to help manage the website, the information stored in these logs does not identify users personally. The logs store such things as the domain name and IP addresses used to access VCTC’s website; the type of browsers and operating systems used by site visitors; the date and time of site visits; and the pages accessed. VCTC staff may use this information to help improve the website and its features.
Personal Information You Send
VCTC values both your use of this site and feedback you provide. If you participate in a survey or send us an e-mail, your e-mail address and the other information you volunteer will be collected. In addition, visitors who request services through this site may be required to furnish additional information to enable VCTC to provide the service requested. The additional information collected will be no more specific than if the visitor were requesting the service by any other means, including by telephone or an in-person visit to a VCTC facility. VCTC may share this information with other public agencies or organizations if such action is required to provide the assistance you are requesting. Instances where VCTC may collect information from you include, but are not limited to, information you provide to VCTC voluntarily such as filling out forms, submitting Public Records Act requests, and participating in surveys and promotional programs. Such information collected may include but are not limited to your name, address, telephone number, and email address. VCTC will obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information about any child if the age of the child is known to VCTC.
Security of Your Personal Information
With the importance of protecting user personal information in mind, VCTC does not rent, sell or give away any information identifying you individually to third parties for marketing or mailing list purposes without your permission. VCTC also does not disclose credit card information, except for purposes related to your credit card transaction, or with your permission, or as required by law.
As a government agency, VCTC is governed by the California Public Records Act (California Government Code section 6250 et seq.). As such, most business you conduct with VCTC becomes a public record and is open for public inspection. Public records may be posted on the website for electronic access. Records posted on the website are also available for public inspection by requests made online, in person, by mail or by telephone to VCTC Clerk of the Board. This page and every page on goventura.org are for general public information only. Should you require a response from a specific agency or wish to request agency services, you must contact the agency directly. Please also be aware that content appearing on a VCTC webpage is generally subject to the California Public Records Act and subject to disclosure by VCTC if requested. This may include information about you that you may make available through your privacy settings on your own pages.
VCTC makes reasonable efforts to limit the use of “cookies”, which are data files stored on your computer by your web browser that provide information about you. However, cookies may be used on VCTC’s website when needed to maintain the functionality of an interactive application and are used only during the session in which you access the interactive application. The cookie feature is used to store a temporary identifying tag on your computer. Depending on the settings of your browser or other methods, you can refuse or delete cookie files from your computer. Turning off the cookie option may limit your access to interactive applications of VCTC’s website. The VCTC website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
If you send VCTC an e-mail that includes personal information, we normally will use the information only to respond to your message. However, VCTC may forward your e-mail to another agency if it believes that agency is better prepared to answer your question. VCTC will keep a record of your correspondence in accordance with VCTC’s records retention policy. VCTC does not use information received in e-mails to create personal profiles, nor does it give or sell e-mail information to others for commercial purposes.
Any e-mails that you send are governed by the California Public Records Act (California Government Code section 6250 et seq.) and may become open for public inspection. If you send VCTC any threat or a message that describes or promotes unlawful activity, VCTC will forward the e-mail to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
VCTC may analyze user traffic patterns on its website from information automatically provided by your browser when you visit the site. This information includes the IP address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page(s) you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before accessing our website). VCTC may also use the aggregated information from all of its visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of the website.
Links to Other Sites
VCTC may provide links to web pages that are not part of the VCTC website. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites. VCTC suggests that site visitors contact these sites directly for information on their data collection and privacy policies.
VCTC monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the website. Anyone using VCTC’s website expressly consents to such monitoring.
Users choosing to engage in electronic commerce with VCTC via this website are provided with reasonable security measures. VCTC e-commerce transactions are performed only under tightly controlled circumstances where there are appropriate safeguards in place to reasonably protect sensitive data. While e-commerce transaction systems supported on VCTC’s website are intended to ensure that financial data remains secure at all times, VCTC does not represent that the system is fail-proof.